Congratulations to our first drawing winner, Kathy Shelly! Kathy stopped by the booth that was set up in Loudonville this weekend and entered our drawing for a free candle. She has selected the watermelon candle as her prize! Thanks again for stopping by the booth, Kathy!Look for more drawings with Calico Creations at the booths and online!
Calico Creations is once again coming to a town near you! As long as you live near Loudonville, OH. This time, I will be set up at the Hans Event Center for a big Farmer’s Market/Flea Market/Car Show extravaganza! This two day event starts Friday July 6 (10-6) and ends on July 7 (8-4). Please come out and support Calico Creations!
A recipe for Amish Friendship Bread is located below.
Amish Friendship Bread Recipe
When making this bread, do not use metal utensils or containers.
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 cups white sugar, divided
- 3 cups milk
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Let stand 10 minutes. In a 2 quart container glass, plastic or ceramic container, combine 1 cup flour and 1 cup sugar. Mix thoroughly or flour will lump when milk is added. Slowly stir in 1 cup milk and dissolved yeast mixture. Cover loosely and let stand until bubbly. Consider this day 1 of the 10 day cycle. Leave loosely covered at room temperature.
- On days 2 thru 4; stir starter with a spoon. Day 5; stir in 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Days 6 thru 9; stir only.
- Day 10; stir in 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Remove 1 cup to make your first bread, give 2 cups to friends along with this recipe, and your favorite Amish Bread recipe. Store the remaining 1 cup starter in a container in the refrigerator, or begin the 10 day process over again (beginning with step 2).