Calico Creations has been at the crafting table again :
Sometimes it hard to believe that these are made from wax , because the smell is so true to what you remember as a kid growing up ….
A recipe for Amish Friendship Bread is located below.
Amish Friendship Bread Recipe
When making this bread, do not use metal utensils or containers.
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 cups white sugar, divided
- 3 cups milk
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Let stand 10 minutes. In a 2 quart container glass, plastic or ceramic container, combine 1 cup flour and 1 cup sugar. Mix thoroughly or flour will lump when milk is added. Slowly stir in 1 cup milk and dissolved yeast mixture. Cover loosely and let stand until bubbly. Consider this day 1 of the 10 day cycle. Leave loosely covered at room temperature.
- On days 2 thru 4; stir starter with a spoon. Day 5; stir in 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Days 6 thru 9; stir only.
- Day 10; stir in 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Remove 1 cup to make your first bread, give 2 cups to friends along with this recipe, and your favorite Amish Bread recipe. Store the remaining 1 cup starter in a container in the refrigerator, or begin the 10 day process over again (beginning with step 2).
The fourth and final style of cupcake that we offer… for now! I was so pleased with how the raspberry icing turned out on this one. Not too overpowering, but far from mild. It’s a sweet little cupcake that looks great by itself or in a group. At the craft shows, I display these cupcakes in a tray that looks like I just pulled them out of the oven. Looks amazing!
Just in time for summer, one of my newest favorites is this watermelon rendition. When I showed it off to my friends I got a great reaction as immediately I was selling them faster than I could make them! This watermelon candle is the perfect summertime edition for any picnic table.
Now being offered as a citronella candle to help keep those mosquitos away!!!
This one is for the strawberry lovers! A fresh batch of muffins fit for the whole family. These muffins are realistic looking enough to eat, and aromatic enough to fill an entire room. You’re family will love the newest flavor of the room.
I have to admit. This one hits my sweet tooth. Cream cheese is my kryptonite. Whether it is the simplistic classic New York style cheese cake or one of the fancy varieties that you can find at the Cheesecake Factory, cheesecake and I always seem to get along. To be honest, I am surprised I was able to finish any of these decadent chocolate cream cheese cupcake candles without eating the wax!